- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated or frozen loose-pack
- hash brown potatoe - (I make my own)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with
- jalapeño peppers - (abt 2 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced fully-cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese - (abt 2 oz)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half
Thaw potatoes, if frozen. Then press the potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Grease two 8-ounce casseroles. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the casseroles. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove casseroles from oven and let stand about 10 minutes to cool slightly.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. On top of the potatoes in the casseroles, layer Monterey Jack cheese, ham, and Swiss cheese. In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs and light cream. Pour egg mixture over potato and cheese mixture in casseroles.
Bake, uncovered, in the 350-degree oven about 25 minutes or until centers appear set. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 2 servings.