Delicious Angel Food Dessert Recipe
This is one of my favorite desserts.
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Place the pineapple in a bowl; gently fold in bananas. Place cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spoon fruit over cake.
In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over fruit. Carefully spread whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.