Teriyaki Tofu Burgers
WW Recipe 7 pp value with a few changes made.
Yields 6 large or 8 small burgers.
- 1/2 lb uncooked carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup scallions or yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, well drained, squeezed out and crumbled
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs, whole wheat or panko
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup egg beaters or 2 large egg whites
- salt & pepper to taste
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, Add the first 4 ingreds, cook till tender, 5 mins, add the spinach and tofu till spinanh wilts. Transfer to bowl and stir in remaining ingreds. Add more crumbs if mixture is too moist. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before shaping. Shape into burgers. Fry both sides till crisp or grill with cuisinart grill. Serve on reduced calorie or whole wheat buns. Add condiments as preferred.