Jerk Chicken Casserole
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato (1 lb), peeled, cubed (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (2 medium)
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix salt, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, thyme and red pepper. Rub mixture on all sides of chicken. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 2 to 3 minutes per side, until brown.
In baking dish, layer beans and sweet potato. Top with browned chicken. In small bowl, mix honey, lime juice and cornstarch; add to skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken in baking dish.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (180°F) and sweet potatoes are fork tender. Sprinkle with green onions.