Warm Maple Bacon Potato Salad
- 1 1.5lb bag Blushing Belles from The Little Potato Company
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (or about 1 clove) garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, removed from stem and chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from thereciperebel.com
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.Quarter potatoes and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil and sprinkle evenly with salt. Toss to coat all potatoes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning half way if desired.
3.While potatoes are baking, make the vinaigrette. In a medium pan, cook the bacon on medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to soak up excess grease. Drain all but 1 tbsp grease from the pan.
4.With the remaining bacon grease, sauté the onion until soft. Add the vinegar, syrup, garlic, thyme and half of the bacon and simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until slightly reduced. Set aside until potatoes are cooked.
5.When potatoes are cooked, toss with vinaigrette and garnish with remaining bacon and additional thyme if desired. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Pizza 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fried Brussel Sprouts (East Side... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Gorgonzola and Pear Pasta 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Open-Faced Chicken Sandwiches with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bacon Quiche Tarts 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Sirloin and Blue Cheese... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Kalua-Style Pork 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Moroccan-Spiced Pork Chops with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)