Gluten-Free Mustard/Horseradish Sauce for Salmon
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t have to use exact measurements. If you like your topping a little sweeter, just add more syrup. If you’re the tangy type, go heavier of the vinegar. And if you’d like more kick, include more horseradish sauce.
No matter how you prefer it, this dish is a low calorie way to get lots of flavor.
Most importantly, it’s essential to check labels carefully to be sure that the products you’re using are truly gluten-free. The brand suggestions I’ve mentioned below are only a few examples of those items that are gluten-free today, but in the future, it’s best to confirm their safety with the manufacturer to be aware of any production modifications.
- 1 tablespoon mustard (French’s, Heinz, Maille Dijon Originale, Organicville, Koops’)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (Boar’s Head, Heinz, Gold’s)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Hellman’s light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup (100% maple syrup, Aunt Jemima’s Pancake Syrup, Vermont Maid)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (100% lemon juice)
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Ground white pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs like dill, parsley, thyme (optional)
- 15 Gluten-free chips – coarsely crushed (Udi’s Ancient Grain Crisps)
- Salmon filet (2 pounds)
Spray baking pan (15” X 10” X 1”) with cooking spray and place salmon filet atop (skin side down). Pat salmon dry.
Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and spread mixture thinly over the top of the salmon.
Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If grilling, grill on medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Cooking times may vary, depending upon the thickness of the filet.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 190, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 2g, Total Carbohydrate 3g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g, Protein 18g, Sodium 135mg
You'll also love
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Stuffed... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Bites 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tilapia Tomato Basil Fillets 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maryland Crab Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oriental fish w/ spaghetti squash 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wild Salmon, Asparagus, and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Good Friday Salmon Patties 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrot & Diakon Radish Slaw 5/5 (1 Votes)