German-Style Potato Pancakes
Try serving these deliciously crispy potato pancakes with a big heaping of applesauce and a dollop of sour cream...the flavors compliment each other perfectly!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Applesauce and sour cream for serving
Cooking time 45mins
Peel potatoes and onion. With a box grater or food processor, finely grate potatoes into a bowl.
Place grated mixture into a strainer; press out as much liquid as possible with your hands or a wooden spoon. Reserve liquid and let settle. Pour away potato liquid but don’t throw away the starch sediment that has settled at the bottom of the bowl. This will be returned to the potato mixture.
In food processor, chop onion until smooth. Add eggs, flour and salt to bowl. Add onion and potatoes; mix thoroughly.
Heat cooking oil in skillet. Drop potato mixture into skillet (two heaping tablespoons at a time) and fry until crisp and golden. Turn and brown other side.
Note: Fry pancakes as soon as mixture is made to prevent darkening of batter.
Serve with applesauce and sour cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Cinnamon Struesel Banana Bread 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Frozen Lemonade with Coconut Rum 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna 4.3/5 (70 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Blondies (Clean) 5/5 (11 Votes)
- Crock-Pot Warm Spinach Dip 5/5 (11 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan Pralines 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Patti LaBelle's Over the Rainbow... 4.3/5 (69 Votes)