- 2 beef tomatoes
- 4 1/2 oz mozzarella cheese
- 12 black olives
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Basil Leaves to garnish
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
2. Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
3. Pit the olives and slice into rings (or buy canned sliced olives).
4. Layer the tomato, mozz cheese and olives in a stack, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
5. Place each stack under a preheated broiler for 2-3 min. or just long enough to melt the cheese.
6. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with basil leaves.