- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Puff pastry dough or phyllo sheets
Pound chicken breasts to flatten. Combine spinach, cream cheese, pepper, garlic and basil in large bowl. Divide spinach mixture equally among chicken breasts. Fold chicken in half and drizzle with melted butter.
Using your own puff pastry or phyllo sheets, wrap chicken and brush with more melted butter. Bake in 350 degrees oven approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe yields 6 servings.