If you're a fan of acorn squash this recipe is for you. Nothing fancy hear, some simple seasonings and acorn squash is all you'll need.
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet and a baking dish.
Halve the squash lengthwise and clean. Transfer the squash, cut side down, to the baking sheet, and bake the squash until it is tender, about 45 minutes.
Don't turn off the oven.
While the squash cooks, melt the butter, and stir in the remaining ingredients. Keep the mixture warm until it is needed.
Arrange the squash, cut sides up, in the baking dish. Spoon the butter and seasonings equally over the sections.
Bake the squash another 15 minutes, until it is very soft.
Serve the squash hot.
You'll also love
- Spicy Coconut Shrimp 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Peas, Feta and Tomato Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Rubbed Chicken With... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Mango Salsa 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheesy Squash Casserole 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Monkey Bread 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Herbed Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Maple Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)