Rosemary Cheese Crusted Potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, and divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
IN large skillet, cook onions in oil 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in potatoes, salt and pepper and lemon rind. Remove from heat.
LAYER half of potatoes in 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with cheese. Repeat layers. Combine bread crumbs, butter and rosemary; sprinkle over cheese. Cover and bake at 400 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or until heated through and browned.