Creamed Virginia Country Ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped Virginia country ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or chives
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
In a skillet melt the butter over medium heat, and saute the onion and green pepper until light brown. Sprinkle in the flour, and stir a few minutes Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly. Add the ham and simmer, stirring until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat, and season with the remaining ingredients.
Serve over hot buttered toast, English muffins, or corn bread or corn muffins.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.