Chipolte Pork Tenderloin With Apple Tomatillo Sauce
- 2 canned chipoltes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 pork tenderloins - (abt 3 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- APPLE TOMATILLO SAUCE:
- 15 tomatillos paper skins removed
- 1 medium onion large diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large apple cored, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon calvados (optional)
Marinade: Combine all of the marinade ingredients in the bowl of the food processor or blender. (May be made 24 hours ahead and refrigerated until needed.)
Pork: Two hours before cooking, spread marinade over both tenderloins, cover, and refrigerate.
Preheat oven broiler. Saute the onions in olive oil until they are tender. Transfer pork to a shallow roasting pan and add the broth, rum, and vinegar. Place in oven on second rack and broil ten minutes, turning once. Turn the oven to 375 degrees and cook an additional 20 minutes, until center is barely pink. Remove the tenderloins from the pan and cover loosely with foil.
Meanwhile, return the onions to medium-high burner and add half-and-half, stirring to combine. Slice the tenderloins and top with onions. Serve with warm Apple Tomatillo Sauce.
Apple Tomatillo Sauce: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small roasting pan or cast-iron skillet, toss the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and apple, first with the olive oil to coat, then with the sugar. Place in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the tomatillos break their skins, but are still green, and onions are translucent. Remove and add calvados to hot pan, if desired, tossing with the vegetables. Puree with a food processor or a blender. This can be made the day before and reheated.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- ~ Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin OR... 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.3/5 (104 Votes)
- Zucchini & Corn Tortitas with... 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Texas Tomatillo Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops With Maple Mustard Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)