Chicken with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- basil and oragano to taste
- small can sliced olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (optional)
- oregano & basil instead of parsley
Heat oven to 400° F.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomato, parsley, and the remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
Return the chicken to the skillet and transfer to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve with brown rice (if using).
You'll also love
- Mushroom Madness 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ragin' Cajun Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Bell Peppers, Mushrooms... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tracy's Tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Grape Tomatoes w/ Shallots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Walnut Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork Collar with Garlic &... 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Angel Hair 0/5 (0 Votes)