Raw Vegan Alkaline Alfredo Pasta
- For pasta noodles and assembly:
- For raw vegan pasta sauce
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 5 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 2 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp yellow mustard powder
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 8 zucchinis – about 2 per person
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cups broccoli cup into tiny florets
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
- raw sesame seeds
To make the pasta sauce:
Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and puree on high until smooth and creamy.
To make the zucchini noodles:
Cut off the ends of the zucchini and make noodles using a vegetable spiralizer. OR use a simple vegetable peeler to slice very thin thick fettucini-style noodles.
Just toss the sauce through the pasta with the broccoli and most of the spring onions and parsley, and season with salt to taste.
Swirl portions onto the middle of a plate, top with parsley and spring onions and surround with cherry tomatoes. YUMMO!