Chicken In Phyllo
- 5 ounces boneless chicken
- 2 sheets Phyllo dough (must be at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- Honey as needed
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced pineapple sage (regular sage will work)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Marinate chicken in honey, cinnamon, pineapple sage and freshly grated ginger (a little salt and pepper to taste) at least 5 hours.
Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface and brush lightly with melted butter. Add second layer of phyllo dough and place chicken in center. Carefully fold up edges around chicken.
Pour approximately 1 tablespoon of melted butter on "completed package". Cook in 450 degree oven for exactly 12 minutes. Top will be beautifully browned and chicken perfectly cooked.
This recipe yields 1 serving.