Chicken And Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage
- 5 pounds boneless chicken thighs with skin
- 12 ounces onions peeled, quartered
- 7 ounces red or yellow sun-dried tomatoes soaked in hot water
- to soften (15 minutes), then drained
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed plus
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed plus
- 2 tablespoons rosemary plus
- 2 tablespoons oregano all ground together
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Grind the chicken and skins through a 1/4-inch plate, then grind the sun-dried tomatoes and onions. Mix all this into a large bowl along with the spices and salt, kneading and squeezing until all ingredients are well blended.
For links, stuff the meat into hog casings and twist or tie at desired intervals; or shape into patties. Will keep refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for 2 months.
When cooking a batch for a houseful of guests, the hosts at the Gaslight Inn bake the links on a cookie sheet, pricking the skins of the links and draining once or twice, until the sausage is cooked through. Alternatively, the sausage can be browned in a skillet.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1069 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops With Maple Mustard Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)