5-Ingredient Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
So simple! Just cook your noodles, then drain and immediately rinse them in cold water to halt the cooking. Then toss the noodles with the berries, chopped basil and diced mozzarella. And drizzle with as much reduced balsamic as you’d like.
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil, loosely packed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze (I used DeLallo, but see instructions below for a homemade alternative)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.com
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water to stop the pasta from cooking.
Toss the pasta with the strawberries, mozzarella and basil. Pour half of the pasta into a serving bowl, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Then pour the remaining half of the pasta on top, and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with extra basil if desired. Also, if the pasta seems to dry, you can toss it with a tablespoon of olive oil.
*To make balsamic glaze homemade, whisk together 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Give it a taste. If you think it needs sweetening, stir in a few teaspoons of sugar or honey.
You'll also love
- To-Die-For Gluten-Free Black Bean... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Penne Pasta & Broccoli Bagna Cauda 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry & Fig Balsamic Jam 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Beef Ravioli Recipe: An Easy... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Chia Berry Smoothie Recipe 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Virgin strawberry margarita 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Key Lime Pudding Pops 4.6/5 (11 Votes)