Chunky Sausage and Chicken Hotpot
Delicious, mildly spicy comfort food. Great served with rice and a dollop of very low fat fromage frais or plain nonfat yogurt. Made with Joe's Sausages (UK), this is Syn Free on Slimming World.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 8 low-fat sausages, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 400 ml / 14 fl oz passata
- 198 ml / 7 fl oz chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp artificial sweetener
- rice (optional)
- very low fat fromage frais (optional)
Spray a pan with cooking spray and cook the onion, garlic, sausages, chicken and curry powder for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the carrots, peppers, passata, stock and sweetener. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-14 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
Season to taste and serve with rice and very low fat fromage frais (optional).