Mini Greek Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Sauce
Crusty French loaf bakes up beautifully as fresh, warm sandwich buns to hold little burgers topped with a tangy cucumber-yogurt sauce.
- 1 (11-ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 8 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup peeled cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
- 1 block (6-ouinces) reduced-fat feta cheese, cut into 6 (2x1 1/2x1/2-inch thick) pieces
- 6 lettuce leaves
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cut loaf of dough crosswise into 6 pieces to make buns. Place buns, seam sides down and 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet. Cut 2 (1/2-inch-deep) slashes in top of each bun. Bake 19 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, lemon juice and dash of salt and pepper; refrigerate.
In medium bowl, mix turkey, garlic, onion, parsley, seasoned salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Shape mixture into 12 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Place one piece of cheese on each of 6 patties; top with remaining patties. Pinch edges to seal well.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 3 minutes each side or until burgers have dark brown, caramelized appearance and thermometer inserted in center of turkey (not cheese) reads 165°F.
Cut buns horizontally in half. Place 1 tablespoon yogurt sauce on bottom of each bun; top with lettuce leaf, burger and top of bun. Secure each sandwich with toothpick; serve with remaining sauce. If desired, serve with Green Giant® frozen green beans & almonds, prepared as directed on the box.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (442 Votes)