Bob's Hotter 'n Hell Habanero Salsa
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers
- 4 serrano peppers
- 4 habanero peppers
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (no stems)
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (about 14 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano, undrained
Parboil peppers and tomatillos by dropping into a pot of boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly soft. Drain, then chop very fine. Finely chop the garlic, onion and cilantro.
Combine chopped ingredients in a large bowl. Add lime juice, salt and cumin. Add canned tomatoes and mix well. Pour mixture into blender and blend on lowest speed.
Makes about 1 quart, or 16 servings.