Grilled Herbed Cornish Hens
This easy yet special entree is ideal for family or guests.
- 4 (24-oz.) fresh or frozen Cornish game hens, thawed
- HERB RUB
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
GRILL DIRECTIONS: Heat grill. Remove and discard giblets and neck from hens. With kitchen shears, cut each hen along both sides of backbone; remove backbone and discard. Rinse hens under cold running water; pat dry. Open hens and flatten.
In small bowl, combine all herb rub ingredients; mix well. Rub over outer surface of hens.
When ready to grill, place hens on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 minutes, turning once. Stand hens up and lean against each other; cook an additional 35 to 50 minutes or until hens are fork tender and juices run clear. To serve, cut hens in half.
OVEN DIRECTIONS: Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare hens and apply herb rub as directed above. Arrange hens skin side up, in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 60 minutes or until hens are fork tender and juices run clear. To serve, cut hens in half.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
SERVING SIZE: 1/8 of Recipe
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 90
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated 2 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 360 mg
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 8% Calcium 2%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 10%
DIETARY EXCHANGES: 4 Lean Meat
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Herb Risotto 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini Cakes 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Moroccan-Inspired Lamb Hash 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Ricotta Crostini 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn, Black Bean, Avocado, &... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Italy - Tuscan Poplette of Veal... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)