Peanut Butter Cookies - Magnolia Bakery
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tps. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chunky-style peanut butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablesoon (for sprinkling) sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tabls milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and the vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisscross pattern, but do not overly flatten cookies. Lightly sprinkly cookies with sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.