Pasta with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Artichokes
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
1. Boil water for pasta
2. Saute 3 tablespoons garlic in 3 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon sasltin 10-inch nonstick skillet over low heat about 10 minutes. Transfer to small bowl.
3.Add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt to skillet and cook artichokes until lightly browned and tender. About 6 minutes.
4. Add 1 tablespoon salt to water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Return to pot.
5. Stir parsley, lemon juice, red pepper, remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, sauteed garlic,artichokes, and 2 tablespoons reserved water into the pasta. Season with remaining raw garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add more water as required to loosen sauce. Serve with parmesan.