- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pint oysters, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth, more or less
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 pound whole grain bread, cubed and dried
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Coat 15x11x2 inch pan with cooking spray.
3. Place dried bread cubes in a large bowl
4. Melt butter in saucepan. Add celery and onion and saute until tender. Stir in broth, seasoning, and oysters. Temper eggs with a little hot broth and then add to mixture. Transfer mixture to bowl of bread and mix to combine.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours. Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes to crisp the top.