- 3 each russet potatoes, cut lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Use a large rimmed baking sheet, tall enough to hold drippings, but low enough to allow for browning. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400.
2. Place strips on baking sheet. Place sheet on rack and roast about 5 to 6 minutes. Rotate pan front to back and continue to roast until crisp and brown (another 5 to 6 minutes).
3. If using more than one pan switch their position halfway through process. Thick-cut bacon will require more time maybe 8 to 10 minutes before rotating.
4. Transfer to paper towel for draining.
Notes: May reduce oil by placing wire rack sprayed with PAM in pan and placing fries on rack. If you do you can omit the 4 tablespoons of oil in pan just line it with foil for easy cleanup.