- 2 pounds red potatoes cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 large onion chopped 1/4" pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 andouille sausage links cut 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper in 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper in 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green onions
- Poached eggs for serving
- Flaky biscuits for serving
In a large, heavy frying pan, saute the potatoes and onions in butter over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the diced sausage, bell peppers, salt, black pepper, and cayenne, and continue frying until the sausage is browned, about 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions. Serve the hash with poached eggs and a flaky biscuit. For really big eaters, serve this with "Potato Latkes" (see recipe).
This recipe yields ?? servings.