Grilled Shrimp, Corn, and Tomato Salad
- 3 each limes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 ears corn
- 4 each tomatoes, whole, cut in half seeded
- 2 each poblano peppers
- 1 head leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
1. Prepare grill for direct cooking medium heat.
2. Grate 1 teaspoon of peel from from lime. Squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In cup with fork, mix lime juice with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teasoon peel, and pinch ground red pepper. set aside.
3. In medium bowl, with fork, mix coriander and cumin with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pinch red pepper. Brush corn and tomatoes with half of the mixture. Toss shrimp with remaining mixture in the bowl.
4. Place corn and poblano peppers on grill rack. Cover and grill corn and poblanos for about 10 to 12 minutes or until corn is browned in spots and skin on poblanos is charred and blistered on all sides, turning occasionally. Transfer corn to cutting board. Transfer poblanos to sheet of foil and wrap up. Allow them to sit for about 15 minutes to steam and cool until able to handle.
Notes: Substitute scallops for shrimp
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (279 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)