Key Lime Coconut Cake
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 TBS grated Key Lime zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup fresh Key Lime juice, divided (2 TBS / 2 TBS)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS rum (optional)
Adapted from pixelatedcrumb.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle. Generously butter a 9X2 round cake pan and line bottom with a round of parchment paper.
2. Toast coconut in a small baking pan in oven, stirring once or twice until golden, 8-12 minutes. Cool. Leave oven on.
3. Beat together butter, sugar, and zest with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Stir together flour and 1/2 cup coconut (reserve remainder for topping). Stir together milk and 2 TBS lime juice. At low speed, mix flour and milk mixtures into egg mixture alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour.
4. Spoon batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until golden and a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool to warm, then turn out of pan and discard parchment.
5. Whisk together powdered sugar, remaining 2 TBS lime juice and rum (if using) and pour over cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving = 14 Weight Watchers points.
You'll also love
- Bacon Stuffed Tomato 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Cutlets With Sautéed Peppers... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Artichoke Bread 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks with Leek-Tomato... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Oatmeal Crisp Cups with Apple... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Coconut Tenders with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Lumaconi with Prosciutto and Lemon... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan German Chocolate Pie 4.5/5 (24 Votes)