Lemon Crumb Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 pkg (3 oz) lemon flavor gelatin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Melt 1/2 cup butter. Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, dry gelatin mix and brow sugar in med bowl until blended. Stir in melted butter; set aside. Mix remaining flour, baking powder and baking soda until blended.
3) Beat remaining butter and granulated sugar in lrg bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Blend in sour cream and lemon zest. Gradually beat in baking powder mixture.
4) Spoon into 9 inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with gelatin mixture.
5) Bake 40 to 45 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.