Beer-Braised Brisket is braised in the lager of your choice for a rich flavor that just cannot be beat. Serve this recipe as a main course during any dinner party, holiday gather, or even where you need to feed a crowd. A great way to serve this brisket is with the sauces of your choice, slaw, pickles, and rolls so guests can assemble into sandwiches.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (8 to 10-pound) untrimmed flat-cut brisket
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) can lager
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 490mins
Finely chop garlic in a food processor. Add brown sugar, mustard, oil, black pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and ¼ cup salt and process until smooth. Rub all over brisket, working into crevices. Wrap in plastic; chill 1 to 2 days.
Before cooking, let meat sit out until room temperature, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325°F. Scatter onions in a large roasting pan and set brisket, fat side up, on top. Add beer; cover with foil. Braise until meat is very tender, about 5 to 6 hours. Remove from oven; heat broiler. Broil brisket, uncovered, until top is browned and crisp, for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Let brisket cool slightly. Remove from pan and shred or slice. Remove onions with a slotted spoon; mix into brisket. Taste and moisten with some cooking liquid and season with salt, if needed.
Brisket can be braised 1 day ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Reheat, covered, at 325°F for 1½ hours.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Jell-O Cookies 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Restaurant-Style Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Construction Gingerbread for... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheese Danish 4.5/5 (37 Votes)