- 1/2 pound tiny shelled cooked shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- (or 1/2 tspn dried dill)
- 1 dash cayenne
- 42 slices petit cocktail rye
In medium bowl, combine shrimp, mayonnaise, cheese, scallions, lemon juice, dill, and cayenne. If made in advance, cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Top each bread slice with about 1 tablespoon of shrimp mixture and arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake until topping is golden brown and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve at once.
This recipe yields 42 appetizers.