Sauteed Green Beans with Tomatoes and Basil served with Parmesan Crisps
- ParmParmesan Crisps:
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- esan Crisps, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended. Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Yield: 8 to 10 crisps
Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well; set aside.
Melt the butter and oil in a heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the beans and cook until the juices evaporate and the beans are almost tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Stir in the wine and basil. Simmer 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve.