Weight Watchers Orange-Cilantro Black Bean Salad
POINTS® Value: 1
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Save time by swapping 1 1/2 cups of canned mandarin oranges for the fresh orange segments. Just make sure they're packed in their own juices, not syrup.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion(s), cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup(s) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 medium orange(s), peeled, segmented*
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
* In a large skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook 1 minute more.
* Stir in black beans and cook just until heated through. Transfer bean mixture to a medium-size bowl and stir in cilantro, vinegar and oranges. Season to taste and serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.