Spicy Smashed Avocado and Asparagus with Dill Havarti Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1/8 tsp teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 slices Eureka! Saaa-Wheat organic bread
- 3-4 Tbs butter
- 4 oz Arla Dofino® Dill Havarti, coarsely shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from acmemarkets.mywebgrocer.com
Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the asparagus spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roll the spears in the oil to coat, then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the spears are tender. Remove from oven, give a light squeeze of lemon, toss and cool.
Place the avocado halves in a small bowl with the cayenne pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Smash roughly with a fork so the mix is still chunky.
Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of the bread.
Sprinkle one fourth (1 ounce) of Arla Dofino® Dill Havarti on the bread stack. Add half of the avocado mixture, then layer asparagus spears to cover the bread. Top with another ounce of Dill Havarti.
Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Place the sandwich in the pan, buttered side down, and top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bread on one side is golden.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bread is toasty golden and the cheese has melted. The second side will cook faster than the first, so watch it carefully.
Repeat with other sandwich. Cut in half and enjoy hot.
You'll also love
- Beignets d’Huîtres au Champagne... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef Hunter Style Grillades 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Snickers Delight 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Skillet Cauliflower Gratin Recipe 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Peruvian Roast Chicken 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Asparagus, Spinach and Feta Quiche 4.3/5 (32 Votes)