Buffalo Chicken Tenders and Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 pieces chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 each celery ribs -- cut in 3" pieces
Dipping Sauce: Combine blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, and black pepper in bowl. Mash blue cheese into sour cream to remove most of lumps. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Chicken: Soak chicken in hot suace for at least 1/2 hour. Mix flour, salt, and cajun seasoning in plate or pie tin. Remove chicken from hot sauce and shake off excess sauce. Dredge in flour and place on baking rack or into colander to remove excess flour. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat. When butter stops bubbling add chicken tender and cook until golden brown and cooked through (about 3 minutes per side). Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce and celery sticks.