Frittatas are perfect light supper, weekend brunch or even lunch. This one boasts fresh asparagus and red pepper. You can use either cholesterol free egg products, or fresh eggs to make this spring frittata. This Spring Frittata is filed with asparagus spears, red bell pepper, and freshly chopped basil, for a veggie-filled breakfast or brunch dish that is as healthy as it is delicious.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cartons fat-free cholesterol-free egg product, about 2 cups, or 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from lifemadedelicious.ca
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and bell pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; place cooked vegetables in medium bowl. Stir eggs, basil and salt into vegetables.
In same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned and top is set, lifting edges occasionally to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow to bottom of skillet.
Place skillet-size heatproof plate, upside down, on top of skillet. Turn plate and skillet over; slide frittata back into skillet, browned side up. Cook until bottom is lightly browned. Invert onto serving plate if desired. Cut into 4 wedges.
You'll also love
- Bacon Double Cheese Dip for... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Mexican Cinnamon Sugar Cookies 4.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Pecan Caramel Ice Cream 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Mashed Potato Pie 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Oeey Gooey Bars 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Cowboy Cornbread Casserole 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Banana-Filled Caramel-Chocolate... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Creamy Stove Top Lemon Chicken 4.5/5 (25 Votes)