Linguine With Zesty Clam Sauce
An easy dish that has lots of runny sauce to soak up with warm french bread.
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cans Clams (6.5 Oz) Undrained
- 1/2 Cup Italian Dressing
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Red Pepper Optional
- 1 Large Tomato, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan, Grated
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 8 Oz Pasta Dried Cooked, Drained
In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until soft. Add garlic and cook for about one minute. Add clams, Italian dressing, red pepper and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes, olives, cheese and herbs, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened and the flavors combine (about 5 to 10 minutes). Serve over linguine with lots of additional Parmesan cheese and warm french bread.
Per Serving: 647 Cal (59% from Fat, 8% from Protein, 33% from Carb); 13 g Protein; 44 g Tot Fat; 8 g Sat Fat; 12 g Mono Fat; 56 g Carb; 12 g Fiber; 454 mg Calcium; 7 mg Iron; 1402 mg Sodium; 15 mg Cholesterol