- Cookie Base:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Lemon Filling:
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 half teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (90 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Mix together butter, powdered sugar and flour until well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
sift together sugar, flour, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Pour mixture over crust and bake for 25 minutes.
Allow bars to cool, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.