Apple Crescent Roses
Roses never smelled—or tasted—so sweet! Our apple crescent rose pastries are ready in 45 minutes and are a delicious addition to any brunch.
- 3 medium apples
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Flour, for sprinkling
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease or spray 9 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Wash and core apples. Thinly slice each one, leaving the peel on.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water, 4 tablespoons sugar and the lemon juice to boiling. Add the apple slices; boil about 3 minutes or until apples are soft. You want to be easily able to bend them without breaking.
4. Drain apples, and place on paper towels to dry and cool completely.
5. Sprinkle flour on work surface, and roll out dough sheet. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon on surface of dough. Using pastry cutter (or pizza cutter), cut dough into 9 (1-inch) strips.
6. Arrange cooled apple slices end to end down each strip. Carefully roll up each strip, and place in muffin cup.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely golden. Remove from pan, and cool on cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!