Caramelized Apple-Stuffed Pancake
Fat: 12 g
Protein: 5 g
Carb: 75 g
Fiber: 5 g
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 apples (about 2 lb), cored and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger, cut up
1. Heat oven to 425 F. In a blender, puree eggs, milk, flour, vanilla extract, salt and 1 Tbsp granulated sugar until combined; set aside. Place a 12 inch cast iron or oven safe skillet in the oven to heat up.
2. In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are just beginning to brown, 2 mins. Add remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir in lemon juice and ginger. Cook until just tender and juices slightly thicken, 5 to 6 mins.
3. Remove skillet from oven and add remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Once butter has melted, pour in the batter. Return this to oven and bake until puffed and golden, 10 to 12 mins. Transfer to a plate, spoon apples over half pancake and fold over. Serve immediately.