Bacon Stuffed Tomato
- 4 Ripe tomatoes at room temperature
- 1 cups bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablspoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 12 Slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 oz brie cheese cut in slices
Adapted from bestyummyrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a skillet on the stovetop, cook the sliced bacon until nice and crispy. Drain off fat and set aside.
Hollow out the tomatoes and squeeze a little of the seeds out.
Rub the tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper the outside of the fruit.
In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chives, onion and cooked bacon.
Stuff into the hollowed out tomatoes.
Put into an oven proof dish.
Bake for 20 minutes . Remove from oven and place the brie cheese on each tomato and bake for 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pork Cutlets With Sautéed Peppers... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork & Ramen Stir-Fry 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Artichoke Bread 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks with Leek-Tomato... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon & Onion Foil Packet Potatoes 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Feta, Herb, and Sun-Dried... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)