Sea Scallops Brierley Hill
- 1/2 pound sea scallops - (to 3/4 lb) halved horizontally
- if too large
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- (or 1 tspn dried tarragon)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large shallots sliced small
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup concentrated orange juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Marinate scallops in mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper for several hours. Heat saute pan (do not use Teflon-coated pan) until very hot. Add olive oil to 2 tablespoons of butter in pan and quickly saute scallops until brown and done. Remove scallops to plate and keep warm in oven.
Add shallots and peppers to pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with wine and reduce by half. Whisk in 1 tablespoon butter, orange juice, and cream. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Plate up: Sauce in center of plate, scallops on top of sauce. Steamed baby green beans, mango slices between beans, deep fired potato julienne on top of scallops. Sprinkle with parsley, cilantro, or diced red pepper.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Scallops Alla Veneziana 0/5 (0 Votes)