Grilled Shrimp Skewers over White Bean Salad
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 24 raw shrimp (21-25 per pound; see Note), peeled and deveined
- I seasoned the shrimp with garlic powder and old bay seafood seasoning. It gave the recipe more flavor.
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, oregano, sage, chives, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a small bowl. Add beans, tomatoes and celery to the large bowl; toss well.
Preheat grill to medium-high or place a grill pan over medium-high heat until hot.
Thread shrimp onto 6 skewers. (If using a grill pan, you don’t need to skewer the shrimp.)
Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or the grill pan. Grill the shrimp until pink and firm, turning once, about 4 minutes total. Serve the shrimp on the white bean salad, drizzled with the reserved dressing.
You'll also love
- Roast Pork Tenderloin... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Bean Burgers 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Pinto Bean Stew with... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Northwest Roasted Halibut 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Greek Salad with Feta and Tuna 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Lobster Stock 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot Crab and Oyster Dip 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Har mee, A Malaysian Prawn Noodle... 4/5 (16 Votes)