Dutch Apple Mini Tarts
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
- Apple Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced and chopped (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. On lightly floured surface, roll one pie crust into 12 x 10-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller™. Cut 12 circles from dough using Cut-N-Seal™. Press into Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining pie crust.
2. For apple filling, whisk cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fluffy. Mix in egg until well blended. Stir in flour and cinnamon until smooth. Peel and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Chop into small pieces using Food Chopper. Stir into cream cheese mixture.
3. Fill prepared muffin cups with apple mixture, filling over top of pastry. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut in butter until forms coarse crumbs. Spoon over apple filling.
4. Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.