Sweet Pumpkin Ravioli with Herbed Cream Sauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 72 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup low fat yoghurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp sifted flour
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers. Put a wonton wrapper on a lightly floured surface. Mound 1 tbsp filling in the center and smear the edges of the wrapper with a drop of water. Place a second wrapper over the first, pressing down around the filling to force out the air. Seal the edges well and trim away any excess dough around the filling with decorative cookie cutter or sharp knife. Repeat with remaining wontons, transferring finished ravioli to a dry towel. Turn them over occasionally allowing them to dry slightly.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a gentle boil. Cook ravioli in batches of 8 - 12 for 2 min or until they rise to the surface and are tender. Do not allow the water to boil vigorously after the ravioli have been added. Transfer cooked ravioli to a cloth towel to drain. Cover and keep warm.
Mash together softened cream cheese, yoghurt and milk in a small saucepan. Whisk in flour. Stir over low heat until smooth. Do not allow mixture to boil. Stir in herbs and seasonings and remove from heat.
Serve sauce over ravioli. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Croustades 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet of Sole with White Grapes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rocco DiSirto's Faux Onion Rings... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bruschetta with White Beans,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Squash-Swirl Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Curry Noodle Soup with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with pumpkin and sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Parsley Linguine 0/5 (0 Votes)