Chicken Breast With White Truffles
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts lightly pounded
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 thin slices culatello, or sliced ham
- 12 thin fresh white truffle shavings
Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Coat each breast in the flour shaking off excess. In a large sauté pan heat olive oil and butter. Add the chicken breast to the pan cooking until golden brown on both sides and thoroughly cooked.
Once chicken is cooked remove it to a plate and deglaze the pan with the white wine. Allow to cook 1 minute then pour sauce over the chicken. Place a slice of the culatello on each hot chicken breast and finish the dish off by topping the chicken with the white truffle shavings. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.