Blueberry pancakes with ricotta and orange
- 3 large free-range eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- zest of an orange
- 150 g – 200g ricotta
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- butter from frying
Whisk the egg whites in the Breville stand mixer until they form stiff peaks and set aside in another bowl.
Place all the remaining ingredients, except the ricotta and butter, into
The same bowl you whisked the whites and mix briefly to form a batter. Gently stir the ricotta until it is incorporated. Add the beaten egg whites and fold this through the batter. Add the blueberries and fold these in.
Heat The Breville nonstick electric frying pan and add a knob of butter.
Drop generous dollops of batter into the pan (depending on the size you want to make. I find about a third of a cup makes a decent size pancake. Turn them
as the surface starts to bubble. Drain on kitchen paper.
Serve immediately with a drizzle of syrup or honey and a dollop of Greek-style full fat yoghurt and few extra fresh berries on the side
You'll also love
- Orange Creamsicle Frozen Yogurt 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Apple Baked Oatmeal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry and limoncello ice cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butter crunch lemon bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Verbena and Orange Blossom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)