French Toast Bake
No syrup needed. That's how great this tastes.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4-1 loaf Texas toast (12 slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp extra melted butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from penzeys.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Add the brown sugar and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan and spread evenly to coat the bottom.
2. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Lay a single layer of Texas toast in the pan. Spoon half of the egg mixture over the bread. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Top with second layer of Texas toast. Spoon the remaining egg mixture on the bread.
3. Drizzle with the thin layer of butter. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and cinnamon. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-25 minutes.