Marie Callender's Potato Cheese Soup
Who doesn't love Marie Callender's dishes?! I especially love her Potato Cheese Soup. Creamy and rich soup with potatoes, onions, celery and cheese. Delicious!
- 8 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cups celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups half and half
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped; optional garnish
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
Place potatoes, onions, celery and salt in water to cover in a large pot. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
Put in blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and puree until chunky.
Return to soup pot; add half-and-half, butter and cheese. Stirring, simmer until piping hot. (Do not boil.)
Garnish with parsley if desired
You'll also love
- Pork Chops 3.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Crockpot Sausage and Meatballs 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cake, Cherry 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Crab Cake Eggs Benedict with... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Cheesesteak Burgers with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Mashed Potato Fudge 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Soup - (Silver... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)